Gopher's Minions
Shiroi_gaijin

A Resurrection, if you will...

It's been a while, so I'll do a reintroduction.  Shiroi_gaijin here, or just Shiro, I was quite involved in the old forum, and in the early days of this one.  For reasons that will be left unsaid, I took what was intended to be a permanent hiatus from the forum.  While I cannot exactly put my finger on what drug me back, I was surprised to discover my login still worked.  

As far as who and what I am and do, I was born and raised in South Texas, spent a short stint in the US Marines, and have lived in Ohio for eight years now.  I am a very isolationist gamer, with my last few experiences with multiplayer games reinforcing my distaste for encountering other sentient life forms while playing.  I currently work in corporate mobile phone contract analysis and support, and am studying towards my teaching certificate in goju ryu karate.  Other than that, I produce (and occasionally act in) micro-budget independent films and spend quite a lot of time at the gym trying to fend off middle-age spread. 

Fair warning, I have a pretty low tolerance for BS, dislike arrogant or self absorbed attitudes (my own tendency towards the same included) and "one upsmanship" in the extreme.  I generally hold to the old "if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all" maxim.  

Don't expect to see me around much, there is much to do, and little time to do it in.

Welcome back!

I've missed you, even though we barely knew each other. What can I say, you're awesome :P

Oh, and don't let @Shadowlyn and the others scare you off >.> (oh, and myself, I guess. Yes. Be wary of me. Seriously, me is crazy, stay away from that guy.)

Edited by Aj-M1A2X

When I have time, which is increasingly infrequent, I'm spending some time in Fallout 4, XCOM2, Witcher 3, occasionally going back to Skyrim.  But it's usually in comparatively short shifts of playing.  I spend a lot of time training these days; we've been getting hints that our test is coming up soon and I've got to be up on the history of Karate, the Sengoku, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, some level of familiarity with the Japanese language, teaching methodology for children's fitness, in addition to the physical knowledge of the kata, etc, for this test.  So, gaming is definitely taking a back seat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I doubt I could be more happy to see anyone around again. Even if it's not as active as before, it will be good to have someone that has been involved in the forums for a significant amount of time back.

Not to mention the fact that I've just generally quite missed being reminded I'm just a young whippersnapper! 

Anyway, in short, welcome back!

I have not met you before, but you sound well-known, and liked. This is a good thing.

I don't suppose there will be any questions about rutabaga on the nutrition portion of the test. This is not a good thing. ;) Seriously though. I wish you the best at said test. Sounds like there's a lot to keep track of for that thing.

I would say that rutabagas are unlikely to be referenced, but one never knows with Shidoshi.  Aside from the physical practicum, there's a 500 question written test, and he likes to throw in questions that don't actually have answers (to make sure we're paying attention).  Thanks for the welcome.  While I may not have the patience for it anymore, the barely controlled madness was one of the more amusing things about the Minions, so it's good to see that it's not devolved into absolute destructive chaos.

6 hours ago, Shiroi_gaijin said:

I would say that rutabagas are unlikely to be referenced, but one never knows with Shidoshi.  Aside from the physical practicum, there's a 500 question written test, and he likes to throw in questions that don't actually have answers (to make sure we're paying attention).  Thanks for the welcome.  While I may not have the patience for it anymore, the barely controlled madness was one of the more amusing things about the Minions, so it's good to see that it's not devolved into absolute destructive chaos.

Meh, we've been training to metre our introductions according to each individual's tolerance levels. If someone does a serious-face intro, we're more inclined to greet them accordingly, but only slightly. ;) Fortunately rutabagas are a thing that can be referenced either way, so I've got my niche, regardless of the intro-style. lol