Gopher's Minions

Why this link is not shown in a same way as other YouTube links?

Arjy Yu

Question

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Breakwind said:

It says it may contain inappropriate material but if you click proceed you can view it, if that helps

10 minutes ago, Slushy_Bucket said:

a vid that has been tagged as having potentially offensive content doesn't get a nice thumbnail.

in case it offends folk!

I already tested with other videos with the same flags, I had no problem embedding them.

28 minutes ago, Xelphos said:

I already tested with other videos with the same flags, I had no problem embedding them.

well knock me down with a feather, that is really strange,

because the user has made it age restricted, you tube shouldn't allow the video to be embedded as it needs age verification before it will play the video, this is what i think is happening to @Arjy Yu
but its strange that it is letting you embed age restricted content perfectly fine.

10 minutes ago, Slushy_Bucket said:

well knock me down with a feather, that is really strange,

because the user has made it age restricted, you tube shouldn't allow the video to be embedded as it needs age verification before it will play the video, this is what i think is happening to @Arjy Yu
but its strange that it is letting you embed age restricted content perfectly fine.

Well, I cannot embed the video Arjy Yu linked, but I can embed other flagged/age restricted videos just fine.

It's just the video Arjy Yu linked.

4 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

My guess is, as Caloss2 said, that the creator has flagged the video as can not be embedded, it's an option when you upload to youtube to prevent other sites using your videos and getting views that aren't recorded by youtube.  That's the only reason I can think of anyway.

3 hours ago, Jasch said:

Just go to the video, click on share -> embed. It tells you that embeding is disabled.

Yep, that is it.