Gopher's Minions

Xcom-2 mod recommendations

Arjy Yu

Configurable Mission Timers by Wasteland Ghost aka wghost81

WARNING: before installing the mod make a separate save and name it like "Unmodded save" or something. Although you can switch the mod off via
ini without uninstalling it, it's better safe than sorry.

Note: I'm not very far into the campaign, so I haven't tested it extensively. In case of any problems you can switch the mod off via ini,
but still, use it at your own risk!

Timer won't be adjusted for existing tactical saves, but it'll work for new missions.

Mod description:
Allows for flexible configuration of tactical mission timers via ini. XComTacticalMissionTimers.ini file should be located either under
your [Path To Steam Library]\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods\ConfigurableMissionTimers\Config or [Path To Steam Library]\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\618055274\Config).

for those who dislike timed missions very much  ;)

and one more mod by the same author - Free Camera Rotation

A quick and simple rework of my similar mod for EU/EW.

Enables free camera rotation while holding down Q and E keys. Pressing Q or E once or using corresponding UI icons rotates camera by 45 degrees.

Also enables free camera zoom while holding down T and G keys. Pressing T or G once zooms camera one step same as vanilla.

Free rotation speed, zoom speed and fixed rotation angle are configurable via XComTacticalInput_FreeCameraRotation.ini.

Edited by Arjy Yu

Free camera rotation is fantastic. It's the only mod that's not "official" that I am using.

As much as I hate timers, at least on some missions, I think adding those mods at the moment (until I finish at least one play through) is a little cheating. Still, something I will most likely try in the future.

43 minutes ago, Schmidy said:

As much as I hate timers, at least on some missions, I think adding those mods at the moment (until I finish at least one play through) is a little cheating.

it probably is - but i will not use it yet just to avoid potential problems with mods at all

True Concealment

*NOTE: If disabled, you will not be able to load any campaigns that had used this mod until reenabled* 
*This mod may work with other mods that extend or modify timer durations.* 

This mod seeks a nice middle area between outright removing the timers and extending them. 

As long as your squad remains concealed, timers will not tick down. 

To install: Extract out the mod folder into steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods\

interesting idea

an interesting detail:

"... there are 10 male russian voices and 10 female russian voices in the data files ..."

found it in one of the mod discussions on Nexus

this one, actually - RA2 Boris voicepack

This voicepack adds Boris from Red Alert 2 too the game! 

Simply go too character, and change the voice too: Boris. 
Only works for male characters. 

Not every action has an assigned sound, since the RA2 didn't create sounds for so many actions as for XCOM2. 

Credits too: Westwood for creating RA2 back in the days, 
and Volman from steam for helping me out with several sound issues and creating a nice icon 

Warning: has not been tested extensively, it works:)

2 hours ago, Schmidy said:

I'm currently using the mod that stop timers from moving until you lose concealment. So far it's been fantastic, really is a great mod!

I use it to, and it can still be close sometimes, but still better then base game. :)

And the timer is a little lower then base game, and it have a good balance. 2-4 round's less then base game, but if you can stay out off sight up til your goal you have little more time then base game. Makes stealth game play better without taking out the timer if/when you get seen.

Edited by Lumaan

5 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

an interesting detail:

"... there are 10 male russian voices and 10 female russian voices in the data files ..."

found it in one of the mod discussions on Nexus

They are there, along with all the other region locked variants.  Not sure how to have them all accessible in the game though.  Tbh, I don't know why they're even region locked.  Just because I'm in one region doesn't mean I don't want my soldiers to be talking the language of the country they're from.

3 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

They are there, along with all the other region locked variants.  Not sure how to have them all accessible in the game though.  Tbh, I don't know why they're even region locked.  Just because I'm in one region doesn't mean I don't want my soldiers to be talking the language of the country they're from.

Same, I was so disappointed that there wasn't a South African version. If I had a decent mic I'd do it myself, but that's not going to happen for a while.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:38 AM, Arjy Yu said:

True Concealment

interesting idea

Yeah I am using that mod, lowered the number of turns I get when breaking concealment a bit further though, its so satisfying to sneak around a base, learning the enemy patrol patterns, planning your every move.. And knowing you have to, cause if you make just one big mistake, there simply will not be enough time.

Along with this I use like 10 mods that adds more customization mods, the more countries mod, the katana mod cause I loathe the melee weapons in the base game and then I am using a mod that recreate the Hidden Potential second wave option.

8 hours ago, Lumaan said:

Been looking at it, is it any good?

I always used that 2nd wave option in X-Com EU/EW. Don't like every soldier have same stats.

Yeah I always used it as well.. So far its working fine and seems pretty well balanced over all.
However I have to warn you, if you get it from the workshop (like I did initially), my save was broken cause the mod was taken down for a days time.
and even when the mod came back up it my save still didn't work.

8 hours ago, Drunk N' Deadly said:

Yeah I always used it as well.. So far its working fine and seems pretty well balanced over all.
However I have to warn you, if you get it from the workshop (like I did initially), my save was broken cause the mod was taken down for a days time.
and even when the mod came back up it my save still didn't work.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619141883

might fix it, or it might not.

@ForestGale thanks I appreciate it, but I decided to wait with starting a new playthrough till the mod was either up again (it is now) or a better mod doing a similar thing came out, I really can't stand those seemingly copy pasted statistics of soldiers, I enjoy it much more when they are somewhat unique and I can make odd builds based around their stats, instead of having these super optimized builds for a specific stat set.

Currently there are two language options only, but we can hope for more. As well as for some help from devs.

WARNING: New voice packs, as of now, crash the game when previewing them at the armory. Another modder contacted Firaxis, and it seems it's on their end and they are working on it. Until then, just don't preview the voices on the armory (you can do it safely on the Character Pool) and you'll be safe. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Welcome to the humble XCOM International Voices Pack! We are 2 modders, Seth Norris and Fareang, who as some have already done, are trying to bring back the 2 former XCOM: Enemy Unknown voices into XCOM 2. That's both Russian and Polish. 

As of now, the mod consists of: 

RUSSIAN: 
- Male Voices: 1, 2. 
- Female Voices: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 

POLISH: 
- Male Voices: 1, 2. 
- Female Voices: 1, 2. 

We'll be updating soon with the rest of the Russian and Polish voices. 

LOOKING FOR VOICE ACTORS FOR 

PLANNED VOICE PACKS: 

- Japanese Male/Female (3 Options each) 
- Chinese Male/Female (3 Options each) 
- Mexican Male/Female (3 Options each) 
- Portuguese Male/Female (3 Options each) 
- Whatever u propose

On 10/02/2016 at 3:25 PM, ForestGale said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617015579

Health counter, for those who are tired of counting miniscule tiles that form a sectopod's health

Personally I prefer a bit more of a clean look to the Hp, armor etc. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621376448