Gopher's Minions

Immersive HUD is dead after 1.12

PKpixel

So now that patch 1.12 has hit and pretty much obliterated every script mod for this game until they are updated, of course Immersive HUD wont work any more (I'm surprised it survived this long). I still don't understand why Gopher completely abandoned this mod. Yeah Friendly HUD is cool, but many people like myself have good reasons not to use it. Some people think Friendly HUD is just too bloated with too many features that they don't want or don't need, or is simply just too complicated. Others, like myself, wont use Friendly HUD because it conflicts with another mod we are currently using (for me it is Instant Sign Casting, which after using on a controller, I refuse to play without it).

Please, PLEASE if by some miracle you read this Gopher, have a heart and give Immersive HUD a little love. I know it's such a simple little mod, but I honestly don't want to continue this game without it, and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

Friendly HUD has separate modules if you dont want full mod - none of them suite your needs ?

Although it looks like updating the mods for a new patch might take a while anyway:

Since CDPR essentially broke all the scripts by removing all the comments from the code, updating the mod will take longer than usual, so please, be patient.

(from Friendly HUD page)

i wonder if Gopher recorded new episode before this patch hit the game ...

Edited by Arjy Yu

21 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

Friendly HUD has separate modules if you dont want full mod - none of them suite your needs ?

I'd love to use the mini map feature in Friendly HUD, but it edits the input.settings file, which is incompatible with Instant Sign Casting as it uses a custom input.settings file which cannot be edited by Friendly HUD. I've asked the author of Friendly HUD if it would be possible to make these mods work together and he said there's nothing he can do. Immersive HUD worked just fine with Instant Sign Casting, so it's a real shame (at least for me) that Gopher isn't planning on updating it.

So I did a little poking around and was able to "update" Immersive HUD to work with 1.12 by editing a couple of lines. It really wasn't a huge deal and all I added was a couple of extremely small things CDPR added with patch 1.12.

I'm attaching the file if anyone would like to use it. If this is not ok with you Gopher, I will stop sharing it immediately.

modImmersiveHUD.7z

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-01-14 at 5:59 PM, Burnspot said:

Friendly Hud was updated for 1.12 and is quite good...there's now a "Mods" menu in the game menu to adjust it.

Friendly Hud and AutoLoot clashes though.  I took a break from playing the game for a while and now thinking of starting it again, and wanting to add a couple mods that Gopher is using in his game play, since I found them useful.  After tinkering and finally getting Friendly Hud to work I added AutoLoot, it was working nicely, until I noticed that some function from Friendly Hud wasn't working any longer.  I.e Potions info, Health bar and Mini Map didn't show in fight or witcher sense, couldn't bring them up with the K, J, M keys either.  Unstalling AutoLoot and it was all working again.

Using Witcher Script Merger to sort them out gave 10 Errors it couldn't correct, so some more tinkering around before getting it all to work.  Now, until next patch update I guess, they working nicely in harmony. gopherVaultStiv

On 2/11/2016 at 5:18 PM, Beuwolf said:

Friendly Hud and AutoLoot clashes though.  I took a break from playing the game for a while and now thinking of starting it again, and wanting to add a couple mods that Gopher is using in his game play, since I found them useful.  After tinkering and finally getting Friendly Hud to work I added AutoLoot, it was working nicely, until I noticed that some function from Friendly Hud wasn't working any longer.  I.e Potions info, Health bar and Mini Map didn't show in fight or witcher sense, couldn't bring them up with the K, J, M keys either.  Unstalling AutoLoot and it was all working again.

Using Witcher Script Merger to sort them out gave 10 Errors it couldn't correct, so some more tinkering around before getting it all to work.  Now, until next patch update I guess, they working nicely in harmony. gopherVaultStiv

Yea, AutoLoot and Friendly Hud is tricky with the merge...I ended up dropping AutoLoot as my inventory was getting out of hand, lol. Currently working slowly through a NG+ playthru...trying to find everything I possibly can and playing Gwent at every opportunity (mostly skipped Gwent on the first play).