Gopher's Minions
Dave Syrinx

Survivor: SIBEЯIA

Nick finally reaches the pilot and wraps his arm around him, both of them facing Ned and Mina.
"Tell us, what is your name?" He addresses the pilot.
"Oh, where are our manners, we didn't introduce ourselves to you!"
"This is Mina, haha no not the landmine, I'm Nikita and this little rascal here is Ned-Vadim" Nick looks at Ned with a grin but immediately covers it because of the cold.

Edited by HighNinjaFly

"Piotr." The pilot answers. "Pioter Vasiljev." He hugs Nick and kisses him on both cheeks. "I like this one. HAH!" 

He looks at the group trapped in the middle of nowhere.

"You freeze? I have drink. Real Whiskey. Johnny Walker!" He pushes past Mina and Ned only to soon return with a square bottle.

"Beats Vodka all day!" Everyone is offered a swig.

OOC: I'm using the dark background. Is the text readable to you guys?

Nick looks hesitantly at the cup and bottle, then at the weather and his surroundings.
He then looks at Mina and Ned with concerned eyes.

I always use the black background, easier on the eyes. And yes, the text is readable for me.
If we lack information about our surroundings, can we ask you about it? let's say now, I don't know how's the weather.

Edited by HighNinjaFly

It's overcast. Heavy wind. 4-5 degrees Celsius. (Evening)

So, cloudy and the wind is tugging at your clothes. The wind makes it an experienced -10 degrees Celsius.

In UTD+3 (Ural region) The local time is 20:19.

It's pitch black at the runway. Only the cargo lights and some flares along the runway are shining.

"Sorry, Piotr. As much as I'd love to share a drink with a fellow comrade and some friends, I'll have to refuse. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm on rehab, you know? 4 months and I feel proud of myself. Appreciate the offer, of course, I feel like I'm home already" I put a smile on my face. I look at Mina and Ned and wink to both with the eye that does not face Piotr. 

1 hour ago, HighNinjaFly said:
20 minutes ago, Rona Hattingh said:

Mina listens carefully to everything her fellow contestants are revealing, every nugget is polished and put away for later use.

"Do you know how long we still have to wait?"

Still having problems here. I seem to only be able to quote someone and then write in their field.

Is it a security issue. I'm posting too much in one thread? Spam protection?

HELP!

Oh.. double ENTER and I'm free!!!

"One hour? I not know. You wait in the terminal, I leave soon."

The pilot seems not that helpful. "You got all your stuff?"

efbf636b-ecc9-4ca6-917e-fd09c69281a5_zps

Your current location. From studying the map prior to your taking off on a Russian adventure you all know where Surgut is located.

64c77516-af67-432e-8167-74ba26a4a317_zps

The Ural Mountains are located due west of the airport's location.

Btw, did you guys look anything up before you departed on this excursion? As in preparation?

"No, I'm finished here. Have other jobs. Piotr saying bye bye!" He salutes you and pushes the cargo bay ramp close button.

"Udatchi!!" He shouts as he heads for the cockpit. 

The propellers start to spin again. 

The darkness on the airstrip is getting even more tangible as the beast of a plane is moving away from the three globetrotters.

"And there he goes..."
"By the way, in case you guys are not aware of it, I'm not really an alcoholic. I wanted to prevent our future possible death of hypothermia" 
"But the serious knife sharp look on Mina almost made me burst in tears xD" Nick holds his belly out of laughter.
"a true landmine that one." he relaxes and straightens his back giving her a sharp look, studying her facial features.
"I guess we start walking the walk before we freeze our legs off, or do you have a better plan?" Nick shrugs

As Nick looks as Mina walks away he can't help but feel familiar. "Oh I will" he says to himself.
after hearing out Ned:
"Yea well, I'm not surprised that you heard. Don't mind it. It didn't have anything to do with this trip" He smiles and follows the gang.

Edited by HighNinjaFly

69ac0fd6-8692-4b43-b71a-fa555167111c_zps

When you close in on the terminal, you see that it truly seems void of personnel. The light on the second floor seems to be a flood light or a construction light directed out through the window towards the runway.

You get to the entrance doors, really the back entry as you come from the runway side. The automatic open mechanism is working, though. Another sets of doors in glass remain shut till you all are in through the first set. Then, the inner doors slide open. No lights are on in the main hall. From the second floor the construction light spill down from the balcony walkway of the second floor. It seems that it functions as a viewing gallery of the runway while the first floor is where all the souvenir shops are at. Metal curtains keep the shops shut properly. A faint lead light can be seen going along the edge of the floor where it meets the walls. It's a soothing green light. 

At least that will make them not stumble in to walls...

A floor polishing machine stands abandoned in the middle of the hall. A power cord runs from the machine to a wall outlet. The cord is unplugged.

Getting no response, Nick decides to go up the second floor to get a view of the runway, avoiding looking directly at the lights to retain his night vision.
"If you guys need me, I'm on the second floor, feel free to join in."
Nick sits down on a nearby bench in front of a vitrine and takes out his water and energy bar while looking at the shrouding darkness outside.

Edited by HighNinjaFly

OOC: And cut! Well played guys! I'm hanging on here for a while, but I believe some of our players are napping. Are you OK with the posting rate? I guess I won't be able to post as regular when works starts. (Still two weeks to go!) At this rate we will be well inside the game by then. And you know that there's another plane that left from Montauk two hours after your take-off? At least that what the mixed dialogue between Piotr and the control tower in NY gave if you listened carefully.... (No it didn't but I add that information here for your characters.)