Gopher's Minions
Dave Syrinx

Survivor: SIBEЯIA

"In case you're thinking we're nuts, just so you know, he's way more nuts than me if we're measuring by dangerous tools" Nick points at Ned with both of his hands with a smile.
Nick reaches for his gum and pops one. "Guys want a gum? Mine's mint." 

You all here some conversation between the pilot, air traffic control and a third party. The conversation switches between English, German and Russian. Hearing only one side, you understand it's flight times and permissions. Six hours pass while you get acquainted to each other. You might even manage to nap a bit. A rather uncomfortable flight it is though.

Passing over what you hear from the pilot is Moscow. He declares the following. "Nearing the Urals. Next stop Surgut Airport. The frontier to Siberia. Hey, cowboys. We're not dropping you off there. Only pick up more contestants. Then, you jump for the game. Very good!"

0b083547-c7fd-4070-a84b-dbc0757e68b2_zps

You can't but hear the likeness in the speech pattern to a certain Hollywood actor, Peter Stormare. 

New stop, new contestants and maybe a place to get more gear?

Edited by Dave Syrinx

"guess we'll see tomorrow"
Nick lets out a big yawn.

"Don't about know you guys but I'm beat. Guess i'll go catch a few z's if you don't mind"

Nick finds a corner, puts his backpack firmly against the wall and is now lying facing the side of the wall.

"Good night everyone"

Edited by HighNinjaFly

Nick suddenly has cold sweat on his forehead "No... it wasn't my fault... No... Guys... Forgive me... I should've known..." He silently murmurs in his sleep... and then, suddenly "NO!" He almost yelled voiceless and sat up abruptly. His hands are shaking. He looks around to see that everyone are still asleep. He sighs, wipes the sweat off of his forehead and drinks from his bottle of water. He then notices his eyes are wet and dripping..
He thinks to himself "Was I crying? god, this is embarrassing". He wipes his tears away with his arm. He looks at Ned and Mina, who seem asleep, and smiles with relief. He sighs yet again and returns to his sleep.

Edited by HighNinjaFly

The transport plane lands at Surgut Airport. The pilot claps his hands. "Let's go! You getting a new transport from here. Take your belongings and bye bye."

The abrupt outburst of affection wakes everyone up. If not, the cold wind gushing in from the slowly opening cargo bay ramp will. 4 degrees Celsius and hard wind. 

On first sight the snowy landings stretch and buildings apparently built in the sixties look quite abandoned. A single blinking light in one of the upper floors' window tell of some kind of life.

The pilot has shut off the engines and they are winding down. He comes out with a lead pipe which he bangs on the wing flaps. "Damned ice.." 

He manages to put some dents in the plating. Not the first at that.

If there are new contestants here, they are surely not in a welcoming committee. And no sign of an alternate transport either. 

The pilot continues to "examine" the aircraft moving towards the front, muttering.

"Americans always in a hurry! A Kamov is coming. No worry. You wait in the terminal, yes?" He waves at the large slab of buildings where the light is on, on the upper floor. That, apparently is the terminal. 

At least they are on their way. No need to freeze before the adventure has begun. 

Possibly, when the helicopter arrives, there will be some kind of briefing. The pilot had mentioned more contestants. 

"No idea Mina, I'm as clueless as all of us"
He then hears out the pilot.
Nick was surprised by the change of the pilots attitude, he clearly sees his advantage. 
He then decides to butter him up in order to gather more information"Aahahah Tavarish, Umina Ruski crof !!!" Nick says with arms wide open as if to give the pilot a hug "Vash Angliski ochen harochi chem u drugiye ruskich, ve znaiti?" (Translation: ahahah friend, I have Russian blood!!! your English is very good compared to other Russians, you know?)

Edited by HighNinjaFly