Gopher's Minions

Fallout 4 Gun Crafting Mod recommendation

I would like to recommend a gun crafting mod that allows the user to take off gun mods from weapons and set them to the standard setting without the use of mats (like it is for armor in the game).  I noticed Gopher commenting on that at the end of the Episode 22.

I appreciate the modder's perspective on the matter considering that the crafting of guns should have been more of a situation where a person could take the gun completely apart and keep gun parts separate instead of having to create a new gun each time you want to take the gun mods off.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2073/?  Free Weapon Downgrades by Lapdragon - rebuilt with FO4Edit

Hope it helps Gopher and others.  I found it to be an essential addition to my mod list and it has helped me to make amazing guns in the game for my character as well as modded guns for my settlers in helping them defend their settlements.

Edited by umiluv

it seems that at this point this mod is not completely realistic or fair

ToDo :  There's been some requests for a more "realistic" version of the mod, which only lets you remove add-on type mods (silencers, scopes, etc) for free, so I'll work on that over the next few days, time allowing.

i might try this version if it comes out - but what i would really like to see (as i have posted in another topic) is a mod that adds an alternative way of scrapping weapons

currently we can only scrap weapons into basic crafting components - and id like to have an option to dismantle a weapon without getting any of those components, but instead keeping all the mods

Honestly, I don't think it's fair that the game makes you create a new gun each time you want to take off a mod.  But to each their own which is why modding is fantastic.

EDIT: Also, as noted by the modder, I think it unrealistic that you can "un-boil" leather and peel off paint while keeping it intact as a mod so I figure if that's allowed in vanilla for armor, why not for gun mods?

I also agree with you that the gun modding system is really ridiculous.  I think you should be able to keep parts off of guns as you see fit like with real gun modifications.  Also the gun modding should be more like the power armor modding where you have a gun frame and then you can add gun parts (standard or modified) to the frame.  Of course, I expect the GECK to be required for that kind of overhaul so until then, I'm using this mod to be more realistic with the gun parts aspect of reality.

Edited by umiluv

i might try this version if it comes out - but what i would really like to see (as i have posted in another topic) is a mod that adds an alternative way of scrapping weapons

currently we can only scrap weapons into basic crafting components - and id like to have an option to dismantle a weapon without getting any of those components, but instead keeping all the mods

My husband just used the mod and he took all the mods off and then scrapped the guns.  Since the guns are all base level guns with no mods, they only scrapped into steel.  I think that's basically what you wanted?

Edited by umiluv

On 12/6/2015 at 9:54 AM, Arjy Yu said:

The new version of the free downgrades mod is up if you're still interested.  With many different options that people can choose from.  =)