Gopher's Minions

Have you finished the main quest.(no spoilers).

enigma21000

Hello all.

I have finished the main quest,so here are a few thoughts on it with out spoiling it for those that have not.

I have to say as far as story's go this one is not unique,on par for Bethesda i guess,but it left me with that feeling of well that was not bad ,could of been a lot better!:lol:

It really does not take much imagination to guess what the most likely outcome will be,or what is going on.

I was hoping for a little better story really,but i must say like with other Bethesda games the main story is really only a small part of the whole game.

I still have a ton of things to do and explore.

Just my opinion on it.

For those that have also finished the main quest what did you think of the story?

The best part of finishing the main quest the first time for me was actually the feeling of freedom to start a second playthrough where I could start actually noticing other parts of the game. My first playthrough was just to do the main quest, which I found a little shallow, but there is a lot more enjoyment to be found elsewhere

I finished the main quest simply because I felt it looming over me whenever I did something else. Bethesda have set us all up to essentially be bad parents if we don't immediately run after our child, but it's a Fallout game so where's the fun in doing the main quest right away? I finished the main quest simply to go, "Oh okay. That's what happens.". I plan to do another playthrough where I just take my time and properly explore. I shall embrace my 'bad mother' title. :D

Honestly though, the GECK can't come soon enough. I am desperate for a needs mod.

I have not finished the MQ but have met all the factions and trying to decide who I want to support.

Is it just me or did

Spoiler

The Enclave and BOS switch rolls in this game?

In FO3 Eden wanted to purge the world of all mutantions with the FEV in the water supply and sent purging squads out. Now the BOS has turn racist wanting to purge all mutations the old fashion way with small team purging mission?

A conversation I had recently about the MQ:

Friend: You guessed the plot of the game months ago.

Me: Yeah. [Suggests the huge quest mod I've already "written" in my head but is too spoilery to talk about]

Friend: Bethesda would never do that- that's very Bioware.

In the back of my mind I though Bethesda might go the other way- or at least I hoped they would. Aside from the writing, I lack the skills to make my mod dreams happen. -_-

I'm pretty bummed at the whole FO4 story. It's just too shallow too easy to figure out.

Probably because I just came from playing 300hours in Witcher 3 where the stories are far more complex and deep with consequences for your actions.

All that is missing in this game. I hope the modding world can save this game but I don't know it will probably take a AWOP or Wanderers Edition type of massive mod to do that for me. I am still having a blast RPing a PA collector and exploring everywhere.

Edited by OutandBack
spel'n

I may never finish the MQ...Big Spoiler enter at your own risk.

Spoiler

The Bunkerhill mission made no sense to me and I did my first rage quit of the game and have lost interest in moving forward on the MQ. Here's my story.

I joined the BOS and did many mission for them until I decided they are too racest for me so I pretty much quit taking missions and only collected documents and blood samples for them. Around lvl 30 I decided to help Preston and bring the Minutemen back. But found the settlers too needy so I no longer talk to Preston. But the Fort is full armed with Artillery.

I then joined the Railroad did many very interesting missions for them. I liked what I was seeing and hearing until I received my first CIT mission to collect a Rouge synth that was freed and mind wiped by the Railroad to become a bandit leader. WHAT the HELL? Why can't I ask about this?

So 2nd mission from CIT "Bunkerhill". I decide to warn the Railroad but not BOS. I deside to kill all the CIT synths and my Courser companion reporting back as the sole survivor.

I shot my Courser companion 3 times point blank in the head right after meeting him with a special gun that should have melted him. But no he called in re-enforcements and tellported someplace. What the Hell?  I decided to continue my approach to the Bunkerhill base and the BOS shows up. WHY? HOW?

Knowing they will kill every synth not just CIT agents I decide to fight the BOS who do not shoot back at me even after taking down 3 vertibirds and killing 4 in PA. At this point I rage quit in total confusion as to what in the hell was going on and decided to go back a few saves continuing my roll playing never to see the end of this game until I watch it in Gopher LP. I hope Gopher can figure this out.

Edited by OutandBack

@OutandBack,That particular mission is one of the all threads lead here type,I have not played every angle,but this mission seems to be tied in to just about every faction story at some point.

I know what most of the reasons are from every faction.

Bethesda is kind of making you pick one faction to go with,they make being a part of every faction harder the farther you progress the main story.

You can not really be a Jack of all trades ,as you have seen they force you to choose which group you are going to be loyal to by telling you that when you do this mission  faction x,y,z will now be your enemy.

Also i believe this quest may also get bugged.;)

Edited by enigma21000

31 minutes ago, enigma21000 said:

You can not really be a Jack of all trades ,as you have seen they force you to choose which group you are going to be loyal to by telling you that when you do this mission  faction x,y,z will now be your enemy.

This is how I have seen it also. 

Spoiler

My son and I both are playing the game, he choose a different path (different faction) and although you are able to "be friends" with more than just one faction, your choice at Bunker Hill does dictate your path and future missions.  AND I will say who you choose does make for a different ending, so some may think the story line is weak, I did not see it that way, after listening to how my son quest ended and how mine ended.

13 hours ago, enigma21000 said:

@OutandBack,That particular mission is one of the all threads lead here type,I have not played every angle,but this mission seems to be tied in to just about every faction story at some point.

I know what most of the reasons are from every faction.

Bethesda is kind of making you pick one faction to go with,they make being a part of every faction harder the farther you progress the main story.

Also i believe this quest may also get bugged.;)

Thanks. I don't remember being warned and maybe that is what P'd me off so much. When I left

Spoiler

CIT I went straight to the Railroad and warned them.  I did not want the BOS involved. I went straight to Bunkerhill after talking to Desmona.

An got no warning that this was anything different than another Courser seek and destroy all CIT witnesses. In fact that what Desmona suggested I say when I return to CIT after the op.

I have no issue picking a faction but why did I not get fired on when I desided to attacked the BOS. I think the mission bugged out on me.

Edited by OutandBack