Gopher's Minions

First Fallout 4 patch now in beta state on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/128712951172870673

Nice to note a couple of points on there, like:

Number pad keys can now be used for remapping

Almost like Bethesda has an insider who watches Gopher's videos and knows his specific control set needing more keys.

Again, as with any and all betas, use this patch at your own risk until Bethesda signs off on it and confirms it for the live build.

Someone at the Steam Community said something about this Beta patch affecting mods in some way, although they weren't specific about how. I'm only running a couple at this point as I haven't really seen much that really interested me enough to install, so I'm going to hold off on installing this patch for now as after 163 hours of gameplay, I've only had 3 random game crashes and I saw a cow floating in a living room once. All things considered, nothing to really complain about, unlike some of the hubris I read at other forums.

Mind you, I'm not saying these people don't have legit problems, they're just not my problems fortunately and I really don't have anything to gripe about.

33 minutes ago, Lhotse5 said:

Someone at the Steam Community said something about this Beta patch affecting mods in some way, although they weren't specific about how. I'm only running a couple at this point as I haven't really seen much that really interested me enough to install, so I'm going to hold off on installing this patch for now as after 163 hours of gameplay, I've only had 3 random game crashes and I saw a cow floating in a living room once. All things considered, nothing to really complain about, unlike some of the hubris I read at other forums.

Mind you, I'm not saying these people don't have legit problems, they're just not my problems fortunately and I really don't have anything to gripe about.

Yes, mods doesn't work in the new update, the removed the hidden data options in the launcher and even if you enable it through nexus mod manager it doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, ShokeR said:

Yes, mods doesn't work in the new update, the removed the hidden data options in the launcher and even if you enable it through nexus mod manager it doesn't work.

That's good to know ! I hope this gets resolved before the permanent patch comes out and doesn't become a debacle like it did when they came out with Patch 5 for Dragon Age Inquisition, which is now a nightmare to mod, as some mods work with the game before Patch 5 and some after and well....you get the point. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lhotse5
1 hour ago, Lhotse5 said:

Amen Brother!   Nothing's prefect and you can find something to complain about anything, but no real problems here either....  So far  "It's good to be back."

On 11/23/2015, 4:24:39, ShokeR said:

I really think Gopher should probably put out a PSA on this, advising people not only how to stop the game from auto-updating (or at leas the workarounds available with Steam) but also to let those know that mods will often break when patches are released.