Gopher's Minions

World of Warcraft Movie Hype

Definitely more excited over the Legion trailer, I actually kind of wish the movie would be fully CG by the Blizzard crew like the expansion trailers, I still watch those over and over. Unfortunately the logistics of that is just impossible, they spend years making those 2-3 minute trailers. 

Warcraft is such a stylized game that live action just doesn't feel like Warcraft to me, and the mix of live and CG characters still puts it in the uncanny valley.

Can't judge it too much without seeing it though, still a lot of time to touch up everything, trailers actually rarely use the finished render so it could end up looking much better. Still looking forward to seeing it, just not as hyped as the Legion trailer got me.

1 hour ago, Drekavic said:

Definitely more excited over the Legion trailer, I actually kind of wish the movie would be fully CG by the Blizzard crew like the expansion trailers, I still watch those over and over. Unfortunately the logistics of that is just impossible, they spend years making those 2-3 minute trailers. 

Warcraft is such a stylized game that live action just doesn't feel like Warcraft to me, and the mix of live and CG characters still puts it in the uncanny valley.

Can't judge it too much without seeing it though, still a lot of time to touch up everything, trailers actually rarely use the finished render so it could end up looking much better. Still looking forward to seeing it, just not as hyped as the Legion trailer got me.

Same. I showed both to a friend who hasn't played WoW and the big thing that stood out to her was how the movie trailer made her feel like the story would be weak, while the expansion seemed more like a peek at something with more depth to it. Which, to be fair, will probably be the case here.

• 3 weeks later...

I like warcraft universe, so even tho the CGI is a bit much i still think i gonna find it decent. Now the Legion expansion is another story let me just say i been playing since 2007 with small breaks but this expansion killed the game for me and wont be playing it anymore, way to go to kill off what could have been a cool expansion but they just had to give away all the legendaries... *sigh* my inner lore nerd is crying :(