Gopher's Minions
Jay

Gopher Themed Minecraft Painting Pack

gopher themed minecraft painting pack, it's like a resource pack but only paintings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hth5qg4783sykc/Jay's painting pack.zip?dl=0 

a screenshot of the texture can be seen here http://postimg.org/image/b0h2l4szx/ the black liney bits are actually transparent the website is just weired

install instructions

step one click link above exit out of dropbox account creation, you can make one if you want but it's not necisary, and click download

step two cut/copy and past     Jay's painting pack for gopher and chay WIP.zip     into your minecraft resourcepacks folder default location C:\Users\InsertYourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks 

step three start minecraft click options navigate to Resource Packs... locate Jay's painting pack for goph... and place it at top of your selected resource pack load order thingy

step four then make some paintings by combining one wool surrounded by 8 sticks in a crafting table.

step while holding paintings right click on wall the painting is randomly chosen from the pack just keep breaking, left click, and placeing right click untill you get one you want

Note file is 4mb in size as i made the texture relatively large to minimize detail loss 

feedback is apreciated.

and as always Have Fun

Edited by Jay
the pictures where takeing up 75% of my attachments

so about 2 hours ago, at the time of this posting, i left a comment on gophers most recent minecraft adventure video on the gopherLive channel saying "Gopher and Chay leaving death and construction wherever they go :)" he replied "Loving it. That needs to be on a flag" and then i spent the last hour putting it on a flag. i tried to get it to be wavy but with the white background it just wouldn't look good.

Gopher Chay Flag smaller.png

I say! Gopher and milord Chay should use this during their livestreams :)

Can we actually get that in game on to a sign or something we can put down?

You need to edit the Texture Pack / Ressource Pack (whatever it is called) that you are using. Replace something you don't really use that much.

But don't ask me how exactly to do it. Haven't done it in over 1.5 years and things changed since then.

to OP: Like it!

Can we actually get that in game on to a sign or something we can put down?

it's possible. and should be relativly simple, i just need to edit the textures in the resource pack. i'll get right on it. i'll have to lower the quality of it to make it fit and i'll need to know the exact resource pack your using i belive it's chroma hills so i'll work on that assumptin for prottypeing but if you could link me to the exact place you downloaded it it'd be a help.

Edited by Jay

it's possible. and should be relativly simple, i just need to edit the textures in the resource pack. i'll get right on it. i'll have to lower the quality of it to make it fit and i'll need to know the exact resource pack your using i belive it's chroma hills so i'll work on that assumptin for prottypeing but if you could link me to the exact place you downloaded it it'd be a help.

I've passed this along to him. My best guess is that he downloaded CH from here as this is the site he was pulling most of his Resource Packs from when he was experimenting: http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/chroma-hills/

It's done

unfortunately it's too big for me to upload here. So i have no idea what to do with it now :(

basicaly what i did was i decompressed chroma hills 128x128 opened the painting texture and replaced two of them with the flag design then recompressed. now i need a way to send it to gopher my plan was to attach the file to this post but the max file size i have left is 0.14MB and the file is 119MB so ya i don't know what to do now and i need sugestions.

Edited by Jay

ok so while playing around with chroma hills file tree I found this text document "CH legal PLEASE READ" i read it and turnes out i'm not alowed to do all the stuff i just did. it says

"you may NOT:

- Re-create any of the Chroma Hills packs
- Edit/use/modify the textures or any art assets
- Upload any Chroma Hills pack files to any third party servers i.e Planetminecraft.com
- Claim or use in your own project/pack/ re-distribute in ANY way
- Use ANY part of Chroma Hills for profit using such things as Adfly links.
- Upload any videos or images of ANY textures/artwork if it is not being used within the Chroma Hills texture packs."

so ya oops

instead of simply throwing out the paintings i'll just make a painting pack. i'm thinking of taking screenshots from gophers videos and using them. i should probably make some for chay too. any specific video suggestions leave them here and i'll check it out. leave a link to the video and a timestamp of the moment i should screenshot.

again gopher and chay videos. we want to force chay into using this painting pack too >:)

instead of simply throwing out the paintings i'll just make a painting pack. i'm thinking of taking screenshots from gophers videos and using them. i should probably make some for chay too. any specific video suggestions leave them here and i'll check it out. leave a link to the video and a timestamp of the moment i should screenshot.

again gopher and chay videos. we want to force chay into using this painting pack too >:)

If I don't misremember this entirely, Minecraft allows you to load multiple texture packs right? You basically put them in a load order, I remember Gopher playing around with this in his earlier stream. Shouldn't it be possible to just remove the remaining textures entirely and have a texture pack that only has those two painting textures and that Chaypher loads it on top of Chroma Hills?

EDIT: Or was that what you meant you were doing?

Edited by Just Louise

If I don't misremember this entirely, Minecraft allows you to load multiple texture packs right? You basically put them in a load order, I remember Gopher playing around with this in his earlier stream. Shouldn't it be possible to just remove the remaining textures entirely and have a texture pack that only has those two painting textures and that Chaypher loads it on top of Chroma Hills?

EDIT: Or was that what you meant you were doing?

unfortunatly the paintings are not individual files instead all the painting textures are one single image that is split into multiple pieces and then displayed within minecraft. so i can't just include my two images

unfortunatly the paintings are not individual files instead all the painting textures are one single image that is split into multiple pieces and then displayed within minecraft. so i can't just include my two images

I suppose the game isn't clever enough to figure out if you leave the other tiles transparent that you don't want to use them?

what you can do is make a resource pack with just the things you want to change and he cant set it at the top of his resource pack list.  It will then use that texture and you are not violating any of the other stuff.  As far as the paintings just insert yours in over one of the others.  If the issue is you are not allowed to edit ch's then i would find a similar one that is not protected and use that one if you are worried about it.  hope that helps.

Edited by Shadowlyn

Aaaaaaannnnnnndddddd... it's done. for real this time HAZZAH!

and i still don't know where to upload it. it's to big to be uploaded to this forum i only have 0.14MB max total file size and i need 4.08MB so now i need sugestions for a good file hosting site.

EDIT: I think i'll use the minecraft nexus. ok i can't get the uploader to work so i'm back to needing sugestions for where to put it

Edited by Jay

Is 'Kill it with Death' in the pack?

ncmj9.jpg

it is now. i curently have 7 images not related to chay or gopher and i need more chay images curently chay only has 2 images becaus we all have gopher bias since this is ya know his fourm and all. but it's in a usable state 

Feel free to let me know what you think of the pack. Atleast let me know if you tried it out.

ps  feel free to use it as a template for you own minecraft painting sets.

Edited by Jay