Gopher's Minions

Gopher's Minions Pathfinder

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Guys! I'm closer to being able to start something up again. Keep em peeled over the next month.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Aj-M1A2X said:

You would need to think of some system to make that work. In the game I play in as a ghoul, we decided that the "race" won't have any penalties to attributes to begin with, but will go with a -2 CHA and -2 STR for every 4 hours in which he hasn't eaten flesh in.

Any flesh? Flesh of a specific species? Fresh flesh?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody, what are your thoughts on doing a Star Wars RP? My Star Wars glands are up due to the new Rogue One trailers and I'm thinking about running a game in either the Episode 7 or Rogue One timelines, probably something KOTOR/Firefly-ish with a crew on a ship or something. If not then Pathfinder can continue if you prefer.

(Runs and ducks for cover)

2 hours ago, TheAD209 said:

Hi Everybody, what are your thoughts on doing a Star Wars RP? My Star Wars glands are up due to the new Rogue One trailers and I'm thinking about running a game in either the Episode 7 or Rogue One timelines, probably something KOTOR/Firefly-ish with a crew on a ship or something. If not then Pathfinder can continue if you prefer.

(Runs and ducks for cover)

What system would it use? I'd probably give it a go :)

4 minutes ago, TheLazyGrizzly said:

@TheAD209 I would be intrested :) But i have to admit even tho im kinda sad if our Pathfinder dosnt continue, since its been so long i kinda got out of my role as Van by now and she wouldnt be the same so maybe a fresh start is for the best.

Yeah, I was thinking how I can imagine that they're carrying on with their adventures and we can always check up on them later, if we find that we miss them.

1 hour ago, Philosophercat said:

What system would it use? I'd probably give it a go :)

I'm thinking the Star Wars Edge of the Empire system. I've used it before and it's really easy to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game_(Fantasy_Flight_Games)

I've got the books in pdf format if anyone wants them

Edited by TheAD209
50 minutes ago, TheAD209 said:

I'm thinking the Star Wars Edge of the Empire system. I've used it before and it's really easy to use.

Gimme. Pls. :P

ETA: I'm thinking I might try randomizing a new character since I get drawn to certain roles and types... (Archaeologist is an option, though... That's going to be tempting :D ).

3 hours ago, TheAD209 said:

I'll take a look at the PDF's if I may.

8 hours ago, TheAD209 said:

Hi Everybody, what are your thoughts on doing a Star Wars RP? My Star Wars glands are up due to the new Rogue One trailers and I'm thinking about running a game in either the Episode 7 or Rogue One timelines, probably something KOTOR/Firefly-ish with a crew on a ship or something.

Oh shoot, I'd have to catch up with all the Star Trek episodes/movies first. ;) 

2 hours ago, UnseeingNine said:

I would be down for learning either system, probably. Any special restrictions for the star wars ones?

Ok, before anyone starts making characters I'll need to do some (lots) of sorting out what things will be available, what time period etc.

Also there will be more of a limit on player numbers this time. This is only open to people who were on the Pathfinder game, unless we have too few players.

Does anyone have preferences on the time period? Options include:

Rise of the Empire Era (Clone Wars) - Force Sensitives would be available to play. Adventures probably tied in to the Clone Wars in some way.

Rebellion Era 1 (Rebels - Rogue One) - Force Sensitives might be available with sufficient reasons. Adventures more open but with some tie ins to 

Rebellion Era 2 (Star Wars - Return of the Jedi) - Force Sensitives would not be available to play unless extremely good reasons

New Republic Era (up to and including The Force Awakens) - Force Sensitives would be available with sufficient reasons

Link to books:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2r1jzei5i9xly8/AACxKGQs2NSv7-SGyLKqRL86a?dl=0

1 minute ago, TheAD209 said:

Also there will be more of a limit on player numbers this time. This is only open to people who were on the Pathfinder game, unless we have too few players.

I figured as much which is why I decided to show interest early. I haven't seen a whole lot of activity on this subforum, só I am optimistic. I would be happy just to follow an active game, let alone play in one. :)

Just now, UnseeingNine said:

I figured as much which is why I decided to show interest early. I haven't seen a whole lot of activity on this subforum, só I am optimistic. I would be happy just to follow an active game, let alone play in one. :)

Excellent, I'm not trying to be exclusionary, but I want to offer it as an alternative to my Pathfinder players first :) 

15 hours ago, TheAD209 said:

New Republic Era (up to and including The Force Awakens) - Force Sensitives would be available with sufficient reasons

Uggh.  New continuity?  There goes all of my 'legends' knowledge.  

Going to take a quick look at the books before I commit I think.  Try to get an idea what I'd be getting myself in to.

So far the vote is weighted for Old Republic which is nearly all Legends continuity and Jedi's all over the place. Not my favoured era but if the players want that then we'll see.

Having said that I have no idea who has voted for what, so I'll have to ask my Pathfinder players first :) 

@TiDinzeo I don't want to lose you as a player so I'm happy to incorporate some of the Legends stuff :) 

3 hours ago, TheAD209 said:

So far the vote is weighted for Old Republic which is nearly all Legends continuity and Jedi's all over the place. Not my favoured era but if the players want that then we'll see.

Having said that I have no idea who has voted for what, so I'll have to ask my Pathfinder players first :) 

@TiDinzeo I don't want to lose you as a player so I'm happy to incorporate some of the Legends stuff :) 

None of the Pathfinders voted Old Republic :P