Gopher's Minions
Sign in to follow this  
Schmidy

Movie night

Hey all,

So, this is just an idea and I want to hear your thoughts on it. Basically it would be to have a movie night, we hop onto Team Speak, and watch a movie "together". Obviously this is not the easiest of things to do, it would require people to have the movie.

If you are interested or have any idea's of how this can be can/improved upon let me know down below. If you are interested post a movie of your choice, once all are gathered and if there is sufficient interest we will have a poll.

Schmidy

Depending on movie and when it happens I'd certainly be there. Perhaps someone could just stream it on twtich? Like a private stream for minions? Is that illegal? I don't mind buying a movie either.

From what I understand it's actually illegal and can get you banned for life.

As to what to watch, how about something free perhaps even what Gopher posted on YT? I have been saving his Amnesia LPs for slow weekend nights so that would work for me although that ones might be more proper to watch alone in the dark.

Or perhaps his new LP that he might begin soon in place of Skyrim. We could schedule some kind of group viewing of each new episode or something like that.

You can watch YouTube videos on Goggle Plus with a group of people... like we watched Wistleblower, remember Meery? Not sure if there's a limit of people on that but it worked pretty well for us... Sooo if you can find a movie on Youtube you'd want to watch that could work...

(I'd recommend some MST3K as almost all of them are on Youtube and it's one of my favorite things ever)

I have suggested Google hangouts before, but the problem is I think, that if we want to have a real movienight, then there aren't a lot of movies on youtube. And if we want to just watch short clips or series, like we did on the Outlast hangout, then it's not really a MOVIE night :P Plus for some people watching stuff on youtube requires prior buffering ;)

I say we don't overthink and complicate this, I'm sure we could eventually find some program or app, but the easiest solution is still the good old "Everyone gets the same movie from netflix/i-tunes/wherever, get on TS, press play together and there you go" :) It will get difficult to sync up, especially if we take breaks, but that could be part of the fun :P

I have suggested Google hangouts before, but the problem is I think, that if we want to have a real movienight, then there aren't a lot of movies on youtube. And if we want to just watch short clips or series, like we did on the Outlast hangout, then it's not really a MOVIE night :P Plus for some people watching stuff on youtube requires prior buffering ;)

I say we don't overthink and complicate this, I'm sure we could eventually find some program or app, but the easiest solution is still the good old "Everyone gets the same movie from netflix/i-tunes/wherever, get on TS, press play together and there you go" :) It will get difficult to sync up, especially if we take breaks, but that could be part of the fun :P

Well for breaks it would be, okay on the 45 minute mark (random time but would depend on length of movie) we say we'll have a 5/10 min break so people can restock, toilet breaks etc. It shouldn't be too bad...