Gopher's Minions
Rodzyn

Stivarstead Hold (Minecraft Server)

Servers fine i'm one it quite abit. settled on a nice little island off  the coast of vivec city, about 300m away but it's getting kinda lonely on the server

Perhaps if we could get gopher to give the server a shout out or something it'd spark new interest. or do something like a christmas event party thing to get some of those 39 people on at the same time. 

ps i've decided to build a nether gate today but when i went to light it it said "cannot light fire here" i know the are is unclaimed because i've been building all over it. so i was wondering what the deal is.

Edited by Jay

1 hour ago, Jay said:

ps i've decided to build a nether gate today but when i went to light it it said "cannot light fire here" i know the are is unclaimed because i've been building all over it. so i was wondering what the deal is.

Most probably it's a griefing prevention plugin. You've gotta claim the plot first.

22 hours ago, gendou said:

Hey, I placed a "Tubes" mod tank block and the server seems to have crashed.

Can you please take a look?

Approximate location = (65, 65, 2425)

Looks like I fixed the problem, bad news is I had to do bit of a rollback of that area, can't really tell what's gone. Hopefully it didn't cause too much damage.

On 12/5/2015 at 3:04 AM, Gorzkiewski said:

Most probably it's a griefing prevention plugin. You've gotta claim the plot first.

how exactly does claiming work on this server?

Edited by Jay

3 hours ago, Jay said:

how exactly does claiming work on this server?

Only the land closer to town needs claiming in any special way.  If you're further out, you should be fine, but if you want to stop other people building there, you speak nicely to one of the admins and they zone the land as yours.  OR at least I think that's how it works.  It's been a while since I started in a new area and got it protected.

I went to check out the first? plot available in town and used the TP in the realtor office, it TP'd me to the plot and the world started to load in and the game crashed to the Technic launcher. Now that happens every time I load the game.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mike

Hey, thanks for helping me fix that Tubes crash. It seems I've encountered another client-side crash...

Would you be able to remove this item from my hot bar? Or clear my inventory if necessary.

29ppxnb.png

Thanks for the help!

Server appears to be not accepting connections.  (I get the urge to play whenever Gopher does for whatever reason).

Edit:  Also is there some special trick to the hoppers on the server?  I can use them to run furnaces and what not in SP mode but the one on the MP server never seems to work like it should.

Edited by Joulkath
Updated with question without creating another post.

This is a response to Joulkath. I'm not sure how these forums work and how to reply properly.

I haven't been able to connect for the past few days either. I hope it is fixed soon.

Maybe I could help you with the hoppers. On the multiplayer server there is an anti-griefing mod that locks containers to players. you may have tried to click on things like doors or chests and found a message saying "This __ is locked by a magic spell."
If a container is locked to your name, then a hopper will not be able to pull from or push into it. To fix this problem, try unlocking the chests connected to the hoppers by typing "/cremove" and punching them.

Edited by Metalorg
Grammar error.

I'm not sure what was wrong with the server but I also seem to have issues with my auto-restart script (it used to work fine and I wrote it myself, nothing changed so not sure why it would suddenly break).

As for the hoppers, you have to set hoppers and chests to special flag for them to accept/send items. "/cremove" is a workaround but Manual given by Dandelion on Town Square should explain better way of doing it.

I still don't know why i can't start my nether portal i would apreciate some help i'm on an isolated island that is unowned I can build a portal fram but i cna't light it is it the anti griefing thing? am i too close to another portal help

Edited by Jay

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I still don't know why i can't start my nether portal i would apreciate some help i'm on an isolated island that is unowned I can build a portal fram but i cna't light it is it the anti griefing thing? am i too close to another portal help

Ahhh.  I *think* there's an anti-griefing thing where you can't use a flint and steel to set things on fire.

15 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

Ahhh.  I *think* there's an anti-griefing thing where you can't use a flint and steel to set things on fire.

ya that figures but there has to be a way to statt a nether portal on the server because I've seen lit ones

4 hours ago, Jay said:

ya that figures but there has to be a way to statt a nether portal on the server because I've seen lit ones

It probably has to be one of the admins that does it.  I've certainly seen them start fires before.  The trick is catching them when they get on.

On 10/03/2016 at 11:10 AM, Jay said:

I removed lighter block for now, let me know if you still have problems then I'll set up proper region for you and try to figure things out.

On 3/11/2016 at 4:41 AM, Rodzyn said:

I removed lighter block for now, let me know if you still have problems then I'll set up proper region for you and try to figure things out.

Thanks I hope I'm not too late, I need to check the forums more often I'll get on right now

I'm having an issue with the modpack this morning, it's telling me there's an update. But the launcher tells me that the zip file for it doesn't exist (I'm actually getting Technic's error page when I go to the modpack on the site itself).

Is there an update or is my technic install borked?

9 hours ago, Joulkath said:

I'm having an issue with the modpack this morning, it's telling me there's an update. But the launcher tells me that the zip file for it doesn't exist (I'm actually getting Technic's error page when I go to the modpack on the site itself).

Is there an update or is my technic install borked?

I haven't updated the pack in months, probably closer to a year so it might be on Technic side.

37 minutes ago, Rodzyn said:

I haven't updated the pack in months, probably closer to a year so it might be on Technic side.

Ya, I think so as well.  I tried going to Technic's site and when I search for Stivarstead, it'll bring up the entry for it, but when I try to click on it's link to get to the pack description and what not the site errors out, like the pack doesn't exist or something.  You may want to check to see if they did something.

17 hours ago, Joulkath said:

Ya, I think so as well.  I tried going to Technic's site and when I search for Stivarstead, it'll bring up the entry for it, but when I try to click on it's link to get to the pack description and what not the site errors out, like the pack doesn't exist or something.  You may want to check to see if they did something.

It's fixed now.

I also looked an it says the update is for 1.41-Core, whatever that is, and that's the option I'm getting to run under mod settings.

Edited by Joulkath
Instead of a new post.