Gopher's Minions

How to stop forum from automatically doing the code thing?

ronnie92

Question

Sorry - I'm not very good at elaborating this.

What I mean is that I'd like to know if it's possible (perhaps somewhere in my settings) to stop the forum from trying to guess what I'm trying to do. I'd like to see the [ img ] [ / img]  and so on...

They used to be visible for me at some point, but now when I logged back in after a while... well, the forum tried to make my image url into a link without asking and that kinda bugs me out.

Edited by ronnie92

19 answers to this question

The new editor is a so called WYSIWYG Editor. Aka What You See Is What You Get.
Just like Microsoft Word or LibreOffice Writer.

There is no BB Code anymore because of that. It is not needed anymore.

If you want to read more about WYSIWYG Editors click here.

(sorry for the short answer, it's way too hot here and my brain isn't really working... I can provide a more detailed explanation if needed.)

[img]myimageurl[/img]

Naturally I had an image url there, and the forum thought I was putting in a link.

(Later when I tried it, it also worked so I have no idea)

What I mean that I'd like to see the text editing things also, such as

[b]text[/b]

and so on, without the comment field automatically bolding my text instead. This makes it easier for me to format my messages.

Edited by ronnie92

[img]myimageurl[/img]

Naturally I had an image url there, and the forum thought I was putting in a link.

[b]text[/b]

and so on, without the comment field automatically bolding my text instead. This makes it easier for me to format my messages.

If you want to embed an image you can just put the image link in the editor. If you want a link, use the link option in the editor.

IPB4 Doesn't use BBCode AFAIK.

[img]myimageurl[/img]

[b]text[/b]

I think you mean the 'source' button which will allow you to enter coded formatting. It's on the top left of the editor.

I think you mean the 'source' button which will allow you to enter coded formatting. It's on the top left of the editor.

Yes. This. I know the codes work, and I know how it works. I just prefer to see what I'm working with while I'm at it...

(for some reason I cannot seem to locate this button, though? What does it look like?)

Yes. This. I know the codes work, and I know how it works. I just prefer to see what I'm working with while I'm at it...

(for some reason I cannot seem to locate this button, though? What does it look like?)

I think it's the <> button.  THe one that says add code when you hover over it.