Gopher's Minions

Bumper Boats at Dawn

After seeing so many people making 'crazy load out' matches, I came across this idea for a fun match we could manage in practice mode to get some experience piloting while having a lot of fun:

All mobulas, nothing but harpoons. All the Minions have an addiction to ramming speed. Well, that's the only way you're going to win this one. Rammiest pillow boat wins!

New-Ship.jpg

Monday [uSER=4]@Gopher[/uSER] time. :) (8:30 pm CET, of course). We had 4 Minions on today. We could do this with all or mostly AI crews too. Tactics are superfluous. Balance? Who needs balance when you have pillow boats and harpoons?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Stivarsteady As She Goes. gopherVaultStiv

I'm in also. That day marked the first time my Goldfish ever lost a one on one fight against a Pyramidion, I'll need to shake off the rust and redeem myself from that shameful display!

After seeing so many people making 'crazy load out' matches, I came across this idea for a fun match we could manage in practice mode to get some experience piloting while having a lot of fun: All

I saw a few threads about "Harpoobula" matches and there were some suggestions for making it go a little faster. We could use the labyrinth map so you could ram ships into buildings, or we could make a rule that your main gun can be something other than a harpoon :)

A really good tip I picked up too is to have two gunner-engineers: one for the left and right. The hull is on the left, balloon on the right. It takes ages for one engineer to get across to the other side of the ship. But being on one side made it easy to take care of say the hull, one engine, and one gun. The gunner-gunner just scampers around on top and fixes the main engine.

I'm in. I want to win finally too goddamn! You guys just destroyed us last night. I need revenge!! :D

Your day will come :) It may have been a little unfair because I was at my favourite post, even with the rest of the crew being AI. Once you find a role you're comfortable in, the game gets a lot easier. Engineers learn the fastest routes to fix things, gunners learn which guns to shoot where and in what order, or when to use different ammunition. We were in trouble when [uSER=9]@Cherub[/uSER] broke out the flame thrower, but I had heatsink ammo with me- it gives limited fire resistance- so I switched over to that. Just yesterday I learned that you can fix all three engines on a Pyramidion by standing in one spot at the back! I didn't know you can reach up to repair the main engine. I like how I'm always learning new ways to do things.

Your day will come :) It may have been a little unfair because I was at my favourite post, even with the rest of the crew being AI. Once you find a role you're comfortable in, the game gets a lot easier. Engineers learn the fastest routes to fix things, gunners learn which guns to shoot where and in what order, or when to use different ammunition. We were in trouble when [uSER=9]@Cherub[/uSER] broke out the flame thrower, but I had heatsink ammo with me- it gives limited fire resistance- so I switched over to that. Just yesterday I learned that you can fix all three engines on a Pyramidion by standing in one spot at the back! I didn't know you can reach up to repair the main engine. I like how I'm always learning new ways to do things.

I always thought it's quite obvious you can fix all engines from the bottom on Pyramidion... then again it is my favourite ship so I got to know it quite well.

Exactly! When I'm on a Pyramidion, I'm almost never main engineer so I'm not that familiar with that part of the ship. If I'm engineer, I'm stuck on the top deck, fixing the balloon and shooting the left side gun. Other ships have different tips, like how you can manage to get all 4 guns of the mobula firing if you stand on one of the railings. I haven't tried that one yet. ;)