Gopher's Minions

Rumormill points to a potential Steam Sale on June 11, ending June 22

KaZumaKat

I was about a month off given my estimation, though my sources haven't been too far off the mark either. Just surprised it'd be June, then again if Valve is thinking more globally (as they should), June-July would be a better "summer time" for a large portion of the northern hemisphere, as well as Asia which is where Steam (and Valve by extension) is experiencing rocketing growth since 2014, and is only set to keep going this year.

The public leak is here, on Reddit.

For those interested in taking part of this Steam Sale and are not aware of the Golden Rules, they're basic. Never go below 50-60%. Keep games you are interested in getting on a better deal on your Wishlist, and set a budget WELL in advance, loaded into your Steam Wallet, and do not over-spend.

I'm hoping for a decent discount on Civilization: Beyond Earth.

​I'm suprised anyone would want to pick that up xD Maybe I'm still sour when all my friends were like "PICK IT UP" and then didn't play it for longer than a few hours ; _ ;

Ah yes, We must subject the newcomers from the Minecraft crowd to a good old Steam Trading Card stream. Make it a pre-stream that just happens to last a little longer than expected.

*evil laugh*

​Did he actually do that when he got his steam level up before? Because dear god, as someone that has done some steam trading card stuff for no real reason I can't imagine watching such a thing xD

But hey with this sale I can probably finally pick up some even cheaper Payday 2 DLC and be alittle but less useless :D...Not really sure what else I might pickup, we will see ^^

I want Civ BE too and anno 2070, and Kerbal..and some other little stuff, like the CK2 unit porrtaits that i still havent gotten :P and I'm probably just going to get some other good deals because my payday at work is June 10th :D dangerous

Okay, I need to put my wallet and credit card in a safe now...

​Sadly, I know my credit card number by heart as I order my groceries online weekly. My only potential safeguard is that I don't allow Steam to store my details for easy purchasing. I like to pretend that helps.

​Did he actually do that when he got his steam level up before? Because dear god, as someone that has done some steam trading card stuff for no real reason I can't imagine watching such a thing xD

​Believe me, you'd be surprised. Gopher can make watching anything interesting xD EVEN trading steam cards was entertaining, for some reason that I'm yet to find.

​Believe me, you'd be surprised. Gopher can make watching anything interesting xD EVEN trading steam cards was entertaining, for some reason that I'm yet to find

Heh I'm not too suprised :D But if he did do that in the past I'm sad to have missed it xD Had a period of time between his intial new to streaming days and a few months back where I didn't really watch much :C 

Also I would hate to know my credit card by heart, won't even let any site store my details let alone my own brain :P

Edited by Darkfire

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, after the first like half a day. If you do get into a game it does seem to function reasonable well now. At least well enough to techically play it. Mostly isn't worth your time, just levels a badge and the 3 cards a day you can supposely get from it don't even seem to drop most of the time so :X...